Join us for this unique getaway experience in Kananaskis!
We are excited to announce a unique getaway experience for our inaugural Parkinson’s
Wellness Retreat at Canmore Nordic Centre. Hosted by Dr. Davide Martino and Dr. Veronica Bruno, for people impacted by Parkinson’s. Individuals and couple’s welcome! This multiple-day retreat will include hiking, education, mindfulness work, and creative social activities.
$500 per person
- Activities for both People with Parkinson’s and Care Partners
- Morning Motivation Activities, including tapping, deep breathing and stretches
- Creative Activities, including Thinking, Memory & Concentration: Retreat Edition, Art, and Drumming.
- Physical Activities, including moderate to challenging mountain hikes, evening walks, and yoga (care partners)
- Social Activities, including a Wine & Cheese evening and a Bonfire Social!
- Conversation and education with Dr. Davide Martino and Dr. Veronica Bruno
- All planned activities
- Daily lunch and snacks
- Kananaskis Conservation (park) passes (for 3 days)
What is not Included:
Suggestions to help you find accommodations:
Please call us at 1-800-561-1911 for more details and to reserve your spot now! Availability is limited.
Dr. Davide Martino
Dr. Davide Martino is an associate professor and director of the Movement Disorders Program at the Hotchkiss Brain Institute at U of C. His research program focuses on biological markers, environmental factors and multidisciplinary pathways of care for complex movement disorders, mainly dystonia, Tourette syndrome, Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor.
Dr. Veronica Bruno
Dr. Veronica Bruno is a neurologist and movement disorders specialist in Calgary. She received her medical degree and neurology residency in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Dr. Bruno’s primary interest is treating advanced Parkinson’s disease, with a particular research interest in pain and other non-motor symptoms (such as sexual dysfunction, depression and anxiety) and care partners health.
Friday, June 23
12 pm: Check-in
1:15 pm: Conversation and education with neurologists
2:45 pm: Hike, or Thinking, Memory & Concentration: Retreat Edition!
4-5 pm: Wine and Cheese Social
Saturday, June 24
9 am: Coffee / Social Time
9:30 am: Morning Motivation Activities
People with Parkinson’s options:
1. Facilitated Hike
2. Seated stretching and games social and Care Partner’s option: Yoga with Julie Seivt of Body Mind Ease
11 am: Care Partner conversation and education with Dr. Veronica Bruno
12:10 pm: Catered Lunch
1 pm: Creative art activity
2:45 pm: Conversation and education with neurologists
6:30 pm: Optional evening walk
7 pm: Bonfire social
Sunday, June 25
9 am: Coffee / Social Time
9:30 am: Morning Motivation Activity
10 am: Facilitated hike or drumming with Corina Strim of Music Magic
11:45 am: Catered lunch
12:30 pm: Conversation and education with neurologists
2 pm: Wrap up and departure