Virtual Speech Program
Do you have Parkinson disease or a Parkinson’s Plus Syndrome? Have you been asked to repeat yourself when speaking? Or to speak up or louder?
When you have Parkinson’s voice and speech quality are often affected, the good news is there is hope and there is help.
Parkinson Association of Alberta is pleased to be collaborating with the Speech Language Pathology staff and students from University of Alberta’s Communication Sciences and Disorders Department and Alberta Health Services to offer a new virtual speech program called PACE – Parkinson’s: Ability, Communications & Education!
- This is a 10 week
- The program occurs 2x/week (M & W afternoons – OR – T & TH afternoons)
- This program includes an assessment AND offers a mix of individual and group treatment over 17 sessions
- Cost is $175 ($25 assessment and $150 program)
- Receipts for services will be available as some may be able to claim it at tax time or through their insurance provider
- Assessments begin May 3 – Program begins May 17
- Space is limited to 32
- To register call toll-free 1-800-561-1911